One-Year Professional Diploma In Culinary Arts
The one-year Professional Diploma program in Culinary Arts prepares students to explore the culinary field by addressing the demand of having a short program (one year). This program makes them qualified to start a career in the hospitality industry or have the fundamentals to start a home-based business in the food catering field.
This program makes them qualified to start a career in the hospitality industry or have the fundamentals to start a home-based business in the food catering field and Ideal for ambitious students who were not fortunate to pass high school or Tawjihi and is keen to explore the culinary world.
Program Learning Outcomes
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- A completed application form with all required attachments must be submitted (an application fee of JOD 25 must be paid).
- Official copy of high school diploma, transcript or equivalent.
- A completed hand-written letter of motivation (250 words) in English stating the reasons why the applicant wants to study culinary arts at RACA.
- A valid medical certificate.
- Commissary and Knife Skills (Preparation Kitchen).
- Fundamentals in Cooking Methods.
- Dessert & Pastry Making.
- Food & Beverage Service I.
- Beverage Science & Lounge Service (Bar Service).
- Food Safety & Nutrition.
- Stewarding & Hygiene.
- Introduction to F&B Management.
- International Business Protocol.
- Mathematics for Hospitality.
- Applied English I Or Foreign Language I.
- Computer Application I – Microsoft Suite.