One-Year Professional Diploma In Culinary Arts
The one-year Professional Diploma program in Culinary Arts prepares students to explore the culinary field by addressing the demand of having a short program (one year). This program makes them qualified to start a career in the hospitality industry or have the fundamentals to start a home-based business in the food catering field.
This program makes them qualified to start a career in the hospitality industry or have the fundamentals to start a home-based business in the food catering field and Ideal for ambitious students who were not fortunate to pass high school or Tawjihi and is keen to explore the culinary world.
- Curriculum endorsed by EHL.
- Includes hands-on culinary courses and specialized culinary academic subjects.
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Perform effectively in a variety of culinary operational settings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the best practices with regards to kitchen organization, quality, hygiene and teamwork.
- Use the knowledge they have gained to develop culinary managerial competencies in a junior management setting.
- Employ common skills that enhance their effectiveness in a personal and professional context.
- Be aware of their environmental responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of moral and ethical issues in culinary industry organizations.
- A completed application form with all required attachments must be submitted (application fee of JOD 25 must be paid).
- Official copy of high school diploma, transcript or equivalent.
- A completed hand-written letter of motivation (250 words) in English on stating the reasons why the applicant wants to study culinary arts at RACA.
- A valid medical certificate.
If English is not the applicant’s first language, she/he must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
The minimum English language test score requirements for the first, and second year are outlined below:
- TOEFL (PBT) minimum overall score of 400
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) minimum overall score of 32
- IELTS overall minimum score of 4.5
This is the last phase of the admission cycle. For the applicant to pass the interview she/he should:
- Represent a hospitality outlook with formal outfit
- Be passionate for the career and show motivation
- Wear a nice smile and show a friendly attitude
- Show the fundamental skills of professional communication
- Good command of English language
- Commissary & Knife Skills
- Fundamentals in Cooking Methods
- F&B Service Techniques in Restaurant Operation
- F&B Service Techniques in Fine Dining
- Stewarding & Cleaning Science
- ServSafe & Food Hygiene
- Culinary & Beverage Science
- English Communication & Writing Skills – Level 1
- English Communication & Writing Skills – Level 2
- Foreign Language – French Level 1
- Introduction to Computer Skills
- Professional Development & Life Skills
- CBL – Individual Cooking
- CBL – Cooking in Restaurant Operation
- CBL– Pastry & Bakery – Bakery Level 1
- CBL – Pastry & Bakery – Pastry Level 1
- Menu & Recipe Development
- Purchasing & Principles of Accounting in Hospitality
- Technical Writing in English Language
- Foreign Language – French Level 2
- Management Principles in Hospitality & Tourism