Two-Year Diploma In Culinary Arts
The Two-year Diploma program in Culinary Arts prepares students to enter junior chef positions in five-star hotel with the hands- on craftsmanship, solid scientific knowledge, and business communication skills to start a career journey in the culinary and hospitality sectors.
This program is Ideal for ambitious undergraduate students who successfully passed high school or Tawjihi who are keen to build a career or start their own business.
- Certificate accredited by Ministry of Higher Education in Jordan.
- Curriculum endorsed by EHL.
- Cohesive academic and practical education of culinary arts.
- Addresses the passion for students who prefer hands- on, dynamic programs.
- Includes hands-on culinary courses and specialized culinary academic subjects.
- Industry-internship semester for 5 months in a 5-star hotel in Jordan or all over the world to have the students ready for the workplace by the time they graduate.
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Perform effectively in a variety of culinary operational settings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the best practices with regards to kitchen organization, quality, hygiene and teamwork.
- Use the knowledge they have gained to develop culinary managerial competencies in a junior management setting.
- Employ common skills that enhance their effectiveness in a personal and professional context.
- Be aware of their environmental responsibilities.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of moral and ethical issues in culinary industry organizations.
- A completed application form with all required attachments must be submitted (application fee of JOD 25 must be paid).
- An official copy of applicant’s non-pass high school diploma, transcripts or non-validated non-Jordanian high school diploma equivalent; non-Tawjihi high school diploma must be validated by the Ministry of Education.
- A completed hand-written letter of motivation (250 words) in English on stating the reasons why the applicant wants to study culinary arts at RACA.
- A valid medical certificate.
If English is not the applicant’s first language, she/he must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
The minimum English language test score requirements for each year are outlined below:
- TOEFL (PBT) minimum overall score of 400
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) minimum overall score of 32
- IELTS overall minimum score of 4.5
- TOEFL (PBT) minimum overall score of 417
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) minimum overall score of 35
- IELTS overall score of 5.0
Applicants who have studied (abroad) outside Jordan may also be required to provide the following: Comprehensive information in English about the school or college with an explanation of the grading system.
This is the last phase of the admission cycle. For the applicant to pass the interview she/he should:
- Represent a hospitality outlook with formal outfit
- Be passionate for the career and show motivation
- Wear a nice smile and show a friendly attitude
- Show the fundamental skills of professional communication
- Good command of English language
- Commissary and Knife Skills (Preparation Kitchen )
- Fundamentals in Cooking Methods
- Dessert & Pastry Making
- Food & Beverage Service I
- Beverage Science & Lounge Service (Bar Service)
- Food Safety & Nutrition
- Stewarding & Hygiene
- Introduction to F&B Management
- International Business Protocol
- Mathematics for Hospitality
- Applied English I Or Foreign Language I
- Computer Application I – Microsoft Suite
- Kitchen II – Individual Cooking (Fine Dining)
- Kitchen II – Cooking in Restaurant Operation (Top Restaurant)
- F&B Service Techniques in Restaurants Operation (Top Restaurant)
- F&B Service Techniques in Fine Dining (Fine Dining)
- F&B – Purchasing & Cost Control
- Human Behavior & Performance in the Workplace
- Recipe Development & Menu Analysis
- Room Division – Theory & Practice
- Room Division I – Front Office
- Room Division I – Housekeeping
- Room Division I – Laundry & Public Areas
- Applied English II Or Foreign Language II
- Computer application II – PowerPoint, Publisher & Excel Level 2
- Principles of Marketing
- Quality Management
- Ethics & Law
- F&B – Event Management and Operation
- Sensory Evaluation & Flavor pairing
- Modern Cooking Techniques Workshops
- Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Sustainability in F&B and Environmental Awareness
- CBL – Pastry and Bakery Craft Based Learning level 2